The authors include top-class wildlife photographers, writers and editors, and an imaginative, highly skilled designer. All are experienced birdwatchers themselves, who know what is needed and what is useful in an identification guide for birdwatchers living or travelling in Europe.
- Covers all 914 species ever recorded in Europe, including established introductions
- Describes all distinctive plumages and subspecies
- Provides details of vocalizations, flight action and favoured habitats
- Features more than 3,800 photographs, including comparison pages of birds in flight
- Includes 540 maps, prepared in association with BirdLife International
- Enables direct comparison of similar species