I've been revising my notes on this area recently and decided to redraft the coverage of La Janda so that they assume arrival along the N 340/E 5 from Tarifa (or Vejer de la Frontera). I had originally written them as if arriving off the CA 212 near Benalup which, coming from Alcala, is my usual route, but the truth is most visitors tend to enter the area from the N 340 particularly, as noted above, in the autumn when many birders tend to stay near Tarifa. The comments that follow are an amended version of those notes.
The information here, and in my notes, should help you enjoy a profitable visit to the area, but if you'd prefer to have an expert on hand then check out these recommended tour guides:- - Javi Elorriaga & Yeray Seminario http://birdingthestrait.com/ based in Tarifa
- LuisMi Garrido Padillo, a good personal friend who runs Andalusian Birding
Holidays (http://andalusianbirdingholidays.com) from Jerez
- Luis Alberto Rodriguiez (Birdaytrip) - (http://www.birdaytrip.es/) - who specialises in the Malaga area.
- Peter Jones, one half of Spanish Nature (http://spanishnature.com) based near Ronda,
- Andrew Fortuna runs Aviantours (www.aviantours.net/home.html) out of Gibraltar
- each guide/company has different priorities and areas of expertise so contact them to find who best suits your needs.